Тема: Katy Perry
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 19.08.2011, 16:52   #6
City of love

Поблагодарили 1,797 раз(а) в 1,196 сообщениях
Отправить сообщение для Magnus с помощью ICQ

Заметка Billboard'a о рекорде Katy + ее слова

Цитата:
It isn't every day a recording artist scores their fifth No. 1 single off an album, and with "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)," Katy Perry knows she's made a "small piece of history." In an exclusive statement to Billboard, Perry stands in awe of her fans for helping her match Michael Jackson's record and become the first woman to hit this Hot 100 milestone.

"Hitting No. 1 is always a great moment, but when it turns into a small piece of history, you're reminded of how many millions of people are connected to each other by even one tiny event," she says. "Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen. Ever since I was 9 years old, singing into my hairbrush, I've dreamed very big dreams, but today is bigger than my dreams. What a nice first birthday present for 'Teenage Dream'!"

The hit parade that is "Teenage Dream" was released Aug. 24 of last year and "Friday'"s Hot 100 coronation follows No. 1s for "California Gurls," the title track, "Firework" and "E.T."

Only Michael Jackson's "Bad" produced as many chart leaders, putting Perry into royal company in the annals of the 53-year-old Hot 100 chart.
Magnus вне форума   Ответить с цитированием